For decades, Joseph Oat has offered its customers the ability to provide innovative engineering solutions to problems facing industry. Today, Oat remains a full-service fabricating and engineering company, offering its customers a wide array of service uncommon in the industry. From designing special purpose heat exchangers and pressure vessels for petrochemical applications, to safety related heat exchangers for the nuclear power industry, Oat serves its customers in many strategic ways.
Our services include the following:
- Innovative heat transfer solutions which conserve space and capital
- Thermal and mechanical rating of heat exchangers
- ASME Code calculations (Section III and Section VIII Div. 1 and 2)
- Wind load analysis of tall columns
- FEA Stress analysis
- Seismic analysis of heat exchangers, vessels, and structures
- Fatigue analysis of heat exchangers and vessels with thermal and mechanical loads
- Analysis of shell stresses due to applied nozzle and external mechanical loads
Our engineers have extensive experience in both the power industry and chemical process industry. They can offer proven, technologically superior designs which are industry tested and commercially attractive.
Joseph Oat uses a combination of popular state-of-the-art software, together with proprietary computer programs to analyze equipment and prepare calculations. We utilize popular AUTOCAD and SOLIDWORKS software to prepare 2D and 3D renderings of our designs. Our engineering services can be incorporated into the equipment we sell or can be offered as a stand-alone service to customers performing budgetary analysis, attempting to upgrade existing equipment, or preparing design specifications.
- MTI (Materials Technology Institute)
- EWI (Edison Welding Institute)