1. Each applicant shall complete an employment application. The application may be supplemented by a personal resume or recommendation letters, if the Applicant desires.
2. Based on Company need, Applicants which seem the best qualified will be personally interviewed. The interview may take place in person or on the telephone. Not all applicants will be interviewed and there may be some delay between the receipt of an application and any possible interview.
3. The Applicants which seem the best qualified after the first two stages will be required to take a welding and or fitting test in the Joseph Oat's shop. Within the parameters of Company need, highest priority will be given to Applicants who complete the test with high quality, acceptable speed, and demonstrable knowledge and self direction.
4. Potentially successful Applicants must undergo a physical examination in order to verify that the Applicant can perform the job without risk to his/her personal health or safety. A drug screening will also be performed. Any trace of illegal substances or alcohol will disqualify an Applicant from consideration.
5. Successful Applicants will undergo a 90 day probationary period. Management will evaluate the new hire during this period in all aspects of performance. Management may dismiss any new hire during this period for any legal reason.
Within 90 days, the new hire shall join Local 19 of the Sheet Metal Workers. After 90 days of employment, the union contract shall govern most employment issues, including but not limited to wages, benefits, work hours, disciplinary action, ete. A copy of this contract is available for all successful new hires.