Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD)
Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) is an acceptance process performed in accordance with NQA-1 to provide reasonable assurance that an item or service will successfully perform its intended safety function and, in this respect, is deemed equivalent to an item or service provided under the requirements of NQA-1. A facility procuring an item or service that supports a nuclear safety function has two options to procure the item or service. The item or service must be either procured or performed subject to the requirements of ASME NQA-1 (appropriate addenda) Part I and II or be commercial grade dedicated in accordance with the requirements of ASME NQA-1 (appropriate addenda). Joseph Oat has an NQA-1 and 10CFR50 App. B program that allows us to commercially dedicate those items that cannot be purchased as NQA-1.
The process of commercially dedicating an item requires an in-depth understanding and knowledge of purpose and function of the item to be dedicated. A part can be as simple as a piece of plate or more complex assembly such as a filter body. Joseph Oat has an industry approved CGD procedure in place that provides clear direction as to how to CGD an item or assembly at Joseph Oat
Joseph Oat’s team of engineers and QA personnel has the ability to perform the tasks as recommended by EPRI and NQA-1. This includes:
- Perform an engineering analysis of the item
- Determines the safety related function of the item
- Identify the Critical Characteristics for Acceptance, including the acceptance criteria
- Select the acceptance method
- Produce a sampling plan for each critical characteristic
- Identify a sample size selection plan
- Non-destructive sampling
- Destructive sampling
- Create a dedication plan for testing the Critical Characteristics
- Test all Critical Characteristics
- Prepare a Certificate of Conformance
Commercial Grade Dedication must be performed by a company with a QA program meets NQA-1 requirements. Joseph Oat is this company. Contact Joseph Oat’s sales team to see how we can help you with your dedication requirements.