Joseph Oat Corporation is capable of welding virtually any weldable metal in existence, including all steels, stainless steels, duplex alloys, nickel alloys, copper alloys, clad materials, titanium, and zirconium. Our welders can meet the highest quality standards across a wide array of welding processes and materials. With an average of 15 years’ experience in the metal fabrication industry our welders are qualified to governing codes such as AWS D1.1, AWS D1.6, ASME Section IX, and EN-287. Joseph Oat Corporation has over 550 different qualified welding procedures to codes such as ASME Section IX, AWS D1.1, AWS D1.6, EN-15614, with processes including GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, and SMAW. Joseph Oat Corporation also has approximately 20,000 square feet of clean room area for reactive metal or other specialty fabrications.
Joseph Oat employs a full time welding engineer to facilitate continuous process improvement. We employ Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) who have undergone many hours of classroom training and on-the-job experience to assure that welds which are performed conform with all standards and specifications.
Detailed below are some of the welding capabilities along with equipment that Joseph Oat Corporation utilizes in everyday manufacturing.
GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- Automated GTAW System with Video and AVC (Arc Voltage Control)
- AMI Tube to Tube Sheet welding equipment to ensure a repeatable high quality weld is performed on tube to tube sheet connections.
- Welding of Reactive Metals in purge bubble with glove ports to maintain an inert atmosphere and high quality weld.
- Custom Design in-house fabrication of purging material for specific applications during welding.
- Able to achieve a better depth to width ratio on stainless steel by changing shielding gas from the typical 99.999% Argon shielding.
GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
- Lincoln Power Wave 455M allowing for out of position Pulsed Spray mode of transfer, thus aiding in reduction in heat input and distortion control.
- Programmable wire feeder with capability to store programs to ensure a high quality, repeatable weld.
- Bug-O Systems oscillating capability and vacuum rails to allow for use on both ferrous and nonferrous materials.
SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
SAW (Submerged Arc Welding)
- Pandjiris Manipulators equipped with Lincoln Power Wave AC/DC 1000 with square wave technology allowing for greater deposition rates while achieving deeper penetration while producing a higher quality weld.
- Portable and Stationary units to allow for all diameters of circumferential welding.
- Lincoln Power Wave 455M GMAW Machines with programmable wire feeder and pulsed capability.
- Miller Delta-Fab CV-DC GMAW Machines
- Lincoln Idealarc DC-600 GMAW Machines
- Miller Syncrowave 350 GTAW / SMAW combination Welding Machines.
- Miller SRH-444 SMAW CC-DC Machines
- Nelson Stud Welding 4900 Systems
- Jetline auto GTAW machines with video capability and arc voltage control
- Jetline Seam Welders with arc voltage control
- Sub Arc welding manipulators equipped with Lincoln Power Supplies
- AMI Model 207A Power Supplies with Model 96 Tube Welding Gun
- Liburdi P300 Power Supply capable of running any Liburdi welding head
- Bug-O Systems with oscillating capability able to be accept multiple welding heads and be used with several processes
- Dual Zone Cooperheating System with temperature control to properly maintain temperature.
- Intercon Purge Monitors
- Medit Bore Scope
- Approximately 20,000 square foot clean room for welding of Reactive Metals